Examine the principles and functions of healthcare operations management.
Wesley Enterprises is a long-term care facility. The organization was recently cited for deficiencies including infectious disease planning and staffing deficiencies. The CEO has decided to hire a consulting firm to evaluate its current processes and make recommendations for improvement. Upon initial review, the consulting firm has determined that Wesley is utilizing operational processes that are not consistent with current industry practices. The consulting firm has deployed a team of operations management professionals to address the concerns. You are the leader of the team and your first task is to meet with the mid-level managers at Wesley.
Compile a multimedia presentation using speaker notes and/or voice narration that includes:
An introduction of the team and a comprehensive description of the roles of each operations team member;
A discussion of the goals of the team relative to process improvement;
A comparison of operations management in healthcare versus other industries; and
A detailed analysis of the operational issues that are unique to health organizations.
1. Presentation provided detailed introduction of the team and a comprehensive description of the roles of each operations team member along with a description of how these roles function together.
2. Discussed the goals of the team relative to process improvement with well-integrated, strong supporting information.
3. Presentation provided a thorough and detailed comparison of operations management in healthcare versus other industries with an example to demonstrate the difference between them.
4. Analyzed the operational issues that are unique to health organizations with specific examples and fully developed reasoning along with ways to overcome these specific issues.
5. Presentation included either fully developed and clear speaker notes or narration depending on selected choice.